Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I help out?
- If you
have financial resources, you can sponsor a child, just let us know and
we'll connect you with a child in need, or you can just donate to the
foundation using the donate button.
- If you have mechanical abilities, we can connect you with a family that is lacking in those skills.
- If you have built a chair please let us know if you would be willing to help other people, build the chair.
- What is the age range that can use this wheelchair?
- What is the maximum weight of a child that can use this wheelchair?
- Approximately 40 LBS (18Kgs).
- Are you considering designing a wheelchair for adults?
- Sorry, we have no plans to make an adult version. Our focus is children.
- What is the total cost?
- It varies according to the various options, but is approximately $500 USD.
- What skills are necessary to put this together?
person should have some basic electrical and mechanical knowledge. You
will need to drill, screw bolts, and cut PVC, and will need some very
basic knowledge about electrical circuits, and be able to follow
instructions. If you don't have these skills you should find
someone who does.
- How long will it take to put together?
- If you have all of the components it should take a weekend.
- My child isn't disabled, can I still use this design to make her a cool toy?
- Sure, but we can't offer you any technical support, as our focus is children with real needs.
- Can I modify the design?
- Sure, if you have that skill set.
[Terms and Policies]
© Copyright 2015 Open Wheelchair Foundation. All rights Reserved.
The Open Wheelchair hardware design is licensed under CERN Open Hardware Licence v1.2 and the Software is licensed under
the GNU General Public License Version 3. By viewing or using the design posted on this website you are agreeing to these
licenses. To view the license see our license page.